Are you a project manager? If so, you’ve probably had to deal with the stress and confusion of managing multiple projects and tasks.
And if you’re not, you might be thinking: “Why would someone need a project management system?” That’s a fair question.
However, in today’s world, with our increasingly complex projects and tight deadlines, it’s critical to have a system in place to keep everything organized. And if you’re managing numerous projects simultaneously, you’ll need even more effective project management software.
So, in this post, we’ll go through 8 of the top project management software solutions available right now and what they can offer your business.
But wait, before moving further, let’s look at five must-have features of a project management tool.
5 Important Features to Look for in Project Management Software
Project management software is an essential tool for every business. The right tool will help you organize your projects, manage team members and resources, and track progress.
We’ve compiled a list of 5 features to look for in your project management software:
1. Clear reporting
This is one of the essential features to look for in any project management software. You need to be able to see what’s happening in your projects at a glance so that you can make informed decisions on how to move forward.
2. Easy collaboration
You don’t want your team members working on separate projects or spread across different departments because they’ll forget things or get lost in their workflow. So make sure your project management software has built-in tools that allow accessible collaboration features.
3. Ease of Use
You need an easy-to-use tool that allows you to get things done without needing too much training or assistance from IT staff members who may not be familiar with your company’s processes yet! Plus, most people prefer an interface designed for humans over one designed for robots.
The project management software should integrate with other tools you use in your business, such as accounting software and other marketing tools.
5. Task Management
A task is considered the heart of any project. A project comprises multiple tasks and subtasks that might be dependent or independent. If they are interdependent, you must manage them well; otherwise, your project may be harmed.
List of Best Project Management Software
Here is the list of the best project management software.
|Sr.No||Best Project Management Software||Free Plan||Ratings|
1. Hubstaff Tasks
Hubstaff Tasks is one of our top recommendations. It is an agile project management software that empowers your team to accomplish more work by streamlining workflows, automating tasks, and keeping track of time.
It has all the features your team needs to perform well. Hubstaff Tasks, with its communication tools and other features, will bring everyone in your company on the same page.
Key Features of Hubstaff Tasks
- The timeline view feature provides a visual picture of the project’s progress. For example, you can view tasks by day, week, month, or quarter on the dashboard.
- You can monitor your team members’ time spent and hours worked.
- Hubstaff Tasks lets you optimize your project planning using Gantt or Kanban-style boards.
- You Hubstaff Tasks can create customized weekly Sprints so that everyone knows what has to be accomplished and team members can stay focused.
Pricing of Hubstaff Tasks
Hubstaff Tasks offers a free plan for up to 5 users. Its premium plan costs you $5/user/month.
2. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a shining star if you’re searching for project management software that enables team collaboration and communication because of its activity feed and chats feature. Additionally, the tool has a time tracker that allows you to monitor billable and non-billable hours and evaluate production accurately.
The extensive feature set of Zoho Projects makes it stand out in a competitive market for project management software. It is compatible with the whole Zoho ecosystem, which consists of tools for email, CRM, IT management, meetings, finance, and others. In addition, the tool is also integrated with many Google apps.
Features of Zoho Projects
- Zoho Projects makes it simple to report issues, create bug-tracking reports, and assign them to respective tech support agents.
- It lets you set up task timers to track your hours automatically. Additionally, the software also provides timesheets for manual time tracking.
- With this project management tool, you can create user profiles and client profiles, each with its own set of permissions. You may also make custom profiles.
Pricing of Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is exceptionally affordable, especially considering all of the tools that come with this platform. The software is absolutely free to use for up to two projects. Its paid plan starts at $4 per user/month.
If you’re looking for integrations and rising features, Liquidplanner is an excellent option. It provides customers with a wide range of tools to meet larger enterprises’ demands.
Moreover, Liquid Planner is incredibly advanced project management software for medium-to-large companies with many team members. Large teams adore this tool as it is highly customizable, enabling you to create extensive plans and specify each area of your project in great detail.
Key Features of LiquidPlanner
- LiquidPlanner contains a completely integrated time-tracking functionality that provides real-time insights, schedules, and alerts.
- It provides automated resource-levelling to minimize overload and enhance resource usage.
- LiquidPlanner assists in real-time project execution and risk management by conducting tests of your project to uncover the best result.
- You can keep track of deliveries and deadlines with a priority-based scheduling feature.
Pricing of LiquidPlanner
LiquidPlanner has four plan choices to satisfy a variety of client needs: the free plan and three paid plans start from $15 per user/month.
4. Kissflow Project
Kissflow was first developed for Google Apps users, but it is now available to all corporate clients. Although it integrates most easily with Google products, it also provides APIs and webhooks to connect with other applications.
Furthermore, it features five key modules to manage any type of task that comes your way: cases, processes, projects, datasets, and collaboration.
Moreover, Kissflow Project provides the same functionality as high-level BPM software while being an uncomplicated and affordable alternative that anybody can use and afford.
Features of Kissflow Project
- The tool lets you schedule a calendar for all your team members. Additionally, you may use analytics to calculate overtime and analyze everything.
- It offers powerful search tools that make it simple to discover previous articles, comments, tasks, and projects.
- With this project management software, you can get automated reminders when due dates for tasks and projects are approaching.
- It has a “My Tasks” feature that displays all the tasks assigned to you and acts as your to-do list.
Pricing of Kissflow Project
The pricing of Kissflow Project start from $18 per month.
Look no further than Hive if you want a more streamlined and efficient solution that offers the information you need.
Hive balances customization with simplicity so that you can access a wide range of tools, reports, and functionalities and quickly get set up and go live with minimal downtime.
Furthermore, it offers 1,000+ other app integrations, including native integrations with Salesforce and Gmail. You can also choose which app you want to connect and which you’d like to keep separate because integration is built on an application-by-application basis.
Key Features of Hive
- Hive allows you to work how you choose with the help of a Gantt chart, calendar, Kanban system, portfolio, table, and more.
- Know exactly where your team’s time is spent throughout the project’s lifecycle. You can also track time manually or have its in-app recorder automatically capture your time.
- You can send tasks, direct messages, or respond to team-wide news using Hive’s exceptional in-app messaging feature.
- Hive lets you sync your Outlook or Gmail mailbox. You can bring all of your emails into your Hive account to quickly assign them as tasks, add them to ongoing projects, and more.
Pricing of Hive
The most popular plan of Hive is priced at $12 per user/month when paid annually, and it includes features like time tracking, an in-app calendar, external guest access, and shareable forms.
For a real collaborative experience, Airtable is one of the best project management tools. As its name implies, Airtable assists you in planning and organizing work in a scalable table format.
The tool describes itself as “part spreadsheet, part database,” with a grid-formatted primary display. Airtable features a few other views outside the regular grid view, such as a calendar gallery, form, and Kanban views.
Furthermore, it benefits those who love creating automation and formulae in spreadsheets. So, if you’ve been utilizing spreadsheets to manage tasks, Airtable could be right for you.
Features of Airtable
- Airtable displays a visual presentation of your team members’ progress and the overall state of your project.
- You can create customized interfaces that provide each employee with the required information.
- It helps you to organize your data. You may filter data depending on the results you wish to achieve, group similar topics together, and organize data into categories of your choice.
Pricing of Airtable
Airtable is available in both free and paid plans. It paid plan will cost you a minimum of $10 per seat/ month.
Wrike is another fantastic project management platform for teams and businesses of all sizes aiming to improve efficiency and profitability by streamlining operations and project management.
The software contributes to corporate goals by offering various team, task, project, and resource management features.
Furthermore, Wrike makes it simple to design custom workflows that eliminate low-value, recurring tasks and give managers and teams more time to concentrate on what is essential.
Key Features of Wrike
- Teams can manage projects from beginning to end with the help of Wrike’s project management software.
- Wrike generates timesheets that can be used to measure performance, invoicing, and billing and are shared internally and externally.
- Wrike can create accurate and detailed reports based on the crucial KPIs for your business.
- Wrike automatically sends recurring reminders about upcoming due dates once a task or project is created.
Pricing of Wrike
Pricing plans of Wrike include a free plan with restricted features and premium plans starting at $9.80 per month per user.
Next on our list is Trello, a Kanban-based platform organized into a visually appealing structure of lists, boards, and cards. Its user-friendly design allows teams of all sizes to monitor projects and tasks easily.
Furthermore, Trello excels in keeping teams on track, sharing files, and seeing approaching deadlines at a glance. The tool attracts smaller teams, startups, and lone business owners because its simple onboarding lets them start immediately. Users may invite companies and clients to work on particular boards, which helps share project progress updates.
Features of Trello
- Trello easily integrates with third-party services and apps, including Dropbox, Outlook, Slack, Gmail, InVision, Salesforce, Jira, and many more.
- Trello’s built-in automation tool can create a seamless workflow. You can run commands and create automated rules in Trello for almost every action.
- It offers a card view that can be clicked to open a popup window with further information on the tasks. You can add a task description, a due date, and custom labels.
Pricing of Trello
Trello offers different pricing options ranging from $5 to $17.50 per user per month. It also has a free plan with limited features.
ProofHub offers a single platform for team members working on various projects to network, share documents, communicate, and collaborate. It even has live individual and group chat features, allowing you to communicate with a team member from the dashboard.
The software provides various third-party integration like FreshBooks Classic, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Google Calendar, Dropbox, iCal, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, and Outlook to ease your work.
Key Features of Proofhub
- Drag and drop functionality in the task panel allows you to add tasks and subtasks to projects. The option to turn subtasks into main tasks is also available.
- You can easily manage projects using ProofHub’s tools, which include kanban boards, Gantt charts, table views, and scheduling calendars.
- With the help of its Reports view, Gantt view, and Kanban view, you can track the status of all your projects and tasks.
Pricing of Proofhub
Proofhub offers a free trial for 14 days to explore its functionalities, and its paid plan starts at $45 per month.
Asana is cloud-based software recognized for its versatility and user-friendliness. There is no learning curve. You can use this project management tool to monitor tasks and subtasks in order to reach milestones.
Additionally, Asana offers a wide variety of project views. You can view them as Kanban-style cards, a calendar showing projects and their due dates, and an overall workload picture. Switching between these viewpoints allows your team members greater flexibility and enables you to involve additional stakeholders.
Features of Asana
- Asana users may increase their productivity by using automation. An overview of the project gives each team member the information they need to be productive.
- Users can design effective workflows using its visual workflow builder tool. Asana offers real-time charts and visual reports to convey status, progress, or task statistics.
- This project management tool lets you share recorded video messages that are automatically transcribed for quicker text search.
Pricing of Asana
Asana offers a free forever plan and two paid plans starting from $10.99.
Teamwork is a complete project management solution appropriate for everyone, from self-employed to large organizations. You might not need any integrations or add-ons because it has all the necessary functionality.
With visual boards, Gantt charts, task lists, and other tools, Teamwork gives you more flexibility. It will allow you to work as you prefer. In addition, its comprehensive reporting features will keep you informed about all teams and projects.
Key Features of Teamwork Projects
- Integrate Hotmail’s cloud storage with Dropbox, Gmail, and other services.
- Provides real-time management of your team’s work. Get an instant overview of everyone’s capacity, effortlessly reassign tasks, and prevent delays.
- You can use a time tracking feature to clearly understand how long work takes, allowing you to manage work, resources, and deadlines better.
Pricing of Teamwork Projects
Teamwork offers a 30-day free trial. After that, it offers advanced features with three paid pricing options starting from $13.99/user/month.
Jira is ideal for teams who want a more complex project management solution, particularly the one which implements the agile development approach. In addition, Jira provides project views such as Scrum boards, Kanban boards, and roadmaps.
It is extremely powerful and extensive yet easy to use and intuitive. Therefore, the software is ideal for allocating tasks to teams and monitoring difficulties and progress.
Key Features of JIRA
- With the availability of thousands of applications and integrations, users can enhance Jira’s functionality.
- Jira offers pre-built dashboards and reports with the latest work details, allowing a team to get insights and produce profitable projects quickly.
- Jira gives developers the tools they need to work on developing applications while also automating and integrating workflows with IT teams. It enables dev teams to create, test, and deploy software quickly.
Pricing of JIRA
Jira offers a free subscription for 10 users that is perfect for small teams with basic project management needs. Its paid plans start at $7.75 per month/user.
Freedcamp is ideal for those seeking an easy-to-use system that covers the fundamentals of project management without all the complexity and unnecessary features, especially if you have a limited budget.
The unique selling point of Freedcamp is that it allows for unlimited users, projects, tasks, and storage, in its free version. And its pricing is also quite affordable.
Features of Freedcamp
- You can tag relevant people, monitor work progress, and share project resources using its Gantt charts, task lists, and kanban boards.
- Freedcamp lets you easily share files with your team members using its file uploading and sharing functionality.
- This project management software integrates with many popular SSO providers, including Google SSO, Microsoft Azure AD, and Okta.
Pricing of Freedcamp
Freedcamp offers a forever free plan that allows unlimited storage, tasks, and users. Its paid plan starts at $1.49 per user per month (billed annually).
If you like standard spreadsheet solutions like Google Sheets or Excel, you’ll be happy to learn that Smartsheet has a similar layout. However, Smartsheet is filled with many advanced features that may assist you in managing various projects, unlike Google Sheets and Excel.
Moreover, it is a cloud-based solution that enables teams of all sizes and different technical skill levels to plan, visualize, and communicate easily about tasks and projects.
Features of Smartsheet
- With the help of its drag-and-drop builder, it’s quick and easy to create automation that saves time.
- It provides a wide range of views, reports, workflows, and dashboards to help you track your tasks, deadlines, and resources.
- Smartsheet makes it easier for team members, clients, and collaborators to communicate and collaborate in real-time.
Pricing of Smartsheet
Smartsheet offers a free version with limited functionalities. Its paid plan will cost you from $7 to $25 per user per month when billed annually. Further, you can also contact their sales team to get a custom quote for your enterprise needs.
ClickUp is a top-notch workflow, productivity, and project management software embraced by productive teams in small and big enterprises.
With this software, you can automate workflows by linking them with third-party applications like Outlook, Slack, and more.
Key Features of ClickUp
- ClickUp lets you add custom widgets to your dashboard to keep track of project progress and team performance.
- You can view all your projects and tasks in a Box view, List view, Timeline view, and more.
- It offers a time-tracking feature that will help you track how much time your team has spent on any projects or tasks.
- With this tool, you can plan multiple projects, track team performance, and manage project dependencies using Gantt charts.
Pricing of ClickUp
The free version of ClickUp has an extensive range of features, making it suitable for many solopreneurs, freelancers, and small company owners.
Many project management tools have a cap on the number of users who may be added to a free account, while its Free version does not. However, the premium package starting from $9/month, provides various advanced features crucial to project management, such as unrestricted storage.
16. Microsoft Planner
Microsoft Planner is collaborative task management software with a visual interface developed by Microsoft. It provides users with an online Kanban board-style task management and team collaboration tools.
Users can use Microsoft Planner for a variety of project management needs, including tackling time management issues, ensuring work is divided evenly, sharing new ideas, organizing a marketing campaign, and more.
Features of Microsoft Planner:
- It allows users to monitor their team’s performance from any device. It generates bar charts and pie charts automatically to help visualize work status.
- The iCalendar feed allows you to integrate Microsoft Planner with Outlook, which makes time management and scheduling easier.
- Its mobile app includes all the major features of its web-based version.
Pricing of Microsoft Planner
Microsoft Planner offers a free trial for 1 month to explore the features, and its paid plan starts from $5/month when billed annually.
Monday.com is a well-known project management brand that is used across a wide range of huge companies like BBC Studios, Coca-Cola, Adobe, and Hulu.
The platform provides a variety of tools and features that enable teams to track their progress, prioritize tasks, and communicate with each other in real time.
One of the key features of Monday.com is its customizable and flexible boards, which allow teams to create tailored workflows that match their specific needs.
Users can add columns, change statuses, and create custom fields to track progress and keep track of tasks.
The boards can also be linked together, providing a complete overview of a project from start to finish.
The platform integrates with a number of popular tools, such as Google Drive, Slack, and Trello, making it easy to work seamlessly with other tools that teams may already be using.
Monday.com also has a mobile app that allows users to stay connected. I offer all the functionality of the web-based platform so that teams can work together seamlessly.
The Key Features of Monday.com
- Get your personalized interface that brings project data to life.
- Pre-built automation and a long list of options for creating automation rules.
- Visualize project data through Kanban, table, and dashboard views.
- Get access to integrations for developers, CRM, marketing, and project management.
Pricing of Monday.com
Monday.com offers a free individual plan, The basic plan starts at $8/seat/month. I will cost you $24/month if billed annually, Standard plan comes with $10/seat/month. I you are paying annually, then it will cost you $30/month, and the Pro plan costs $16/seat/month.
Workzone is designed for all size businesses to manage them project more effectively. It’s really powerful and flexible project management tool that helps to improved productivity, stay organized and focused.
Features of Workzone
- Its feature allows you to assign tasks to specific team members and also track their workload and progress tu to ensure that everyone is working efficiently.
- You can set up your project and workflows easily with this highly customizable tool.
- Workzone provides a real-time visibility in project resource utilization and progress of project.
Pricing Of Workzone
It offers three plan; every plan includes unlimited training and support. Workzon’s paid plan starts at $24/month.
HubSpot is a popular all-in-one platform that offers a range of tools and services to help businesses. One of the best tools is a project management tool that helps to track processes, assign tasks and etc.
Feature of HubSpot
- In HubSopt Project, you can create and manage multiple projects and set different tasks for each.
- HubSpot Project includes a variety of features to help the team, like task management, commenting, file sharing and email integration.
- For optimizing your team flow, it provides a range of reports and analytics that helps to track progress.
Pricing of HubSpot
HubSpot comes with a free plan, and the paid plan starts at $30/month.
Use Cases For Project Management Software
Project management software can help you manage your projects and their delivery in a way that’s easy to use, effective, and adaptable. Here are some use cases for project management software:
1. Team Management:
Project management software will help you manage your team, both in terms of assigning tasks and monitoring progress. For example, you’ll be able to see when someone is having trouble with a task or is not participating enough.
2. Project Tracking:
This is the most obvious use case for project management software. It helps you keep track of all the processes involved in your projects and ensure they’re completed on time and within budget.
3. Save Time and Increase Productivity:
Project management software will help you save time by automating processes like creating schedules and project timelines, tracking time spent on tasks, and communicating with other team members about progress. You’ll also increase productivity by ensuring everyone is meeting deadlines and staying on track so that no one gets behind schedule or in communication with other team members or customers.
The fourth use case for project management software is budgeting, which includes estimating costs and expenses over time and monitoring actual spending levels against those estimates.
- Best Photo Management Software
- Best Email Marketing Software
- Best Podcast Hosting Platforms
- How To Do Reverse Video Search
- Best AI Writing Software For Creating Content
In conclusion, we feel like project management software has come a long way.
There are so many different tools available that it can be hard to know what’s right for your business and your team. But we’ve tried to cover some of the most important features in each software, and we hope this guide will help you find the best solution for your needs.