Big data has impacted the working of the world largely. Right from being used in businesses to being used by the government and in all other aspects of life, big data plays a major role in handling trillions of data stored on the internet.
Besides the increasing use of Big data, it has become a new normal for analyzing and storing data. Further, the big data market size is expected to reach $308.26 billion by the end of the year 2023.
You are on the right page if you want to know other big data statistics in detail. After researching in detail from all the trusted sources, we have compiled the latest facts and figures related to big data.
What’s more? Let’s start with the top picks of big data statistics.
Big Data Statistics: Top Picks
Big data statistics is a powerful tool to analyze and make sense of large data sets, driving insights and informed decisions.
- The big data market is expected to be valued at $308 .26 billion by the end of the year 2023. Besides in the year 2025, it is predicted to generate $68.09 billion.
- The big data market is expected to generate a revenue of approximately $68.09 billion in the year 2025.
- By the end of the year 2027, big data software is expected to generate 45% of the revenue from the big data industry.
- Almost 41% of organizations worldwide. reported that they used big data analysis for market research. Comparatively in the year 2014, only 13% of the marketers used it for market research.
- The United States has 51% of the share in the big data market worldwide.
- Around 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are generated each day.
- In the digital universe, there are approximately 44 zettabytes of data.
- Annually the spending on cloud computing by the end user is approximately equal to $500 billion.
- Almost 60% 0f big data users have adopted bug data technologies because it drives innovation along with analysis and managing data.
- 72% of the businesses reported that they will be enhancing their AI and big data usage in their businesses.
How Big Is Big Data?
- Presently it will take a person approximately 181 million years to download all the data present on the internet.
- Internet users spend a total of 1.2 billion years online on average.
- 5.9 million Google searches happen in just 60 seconds.
- In just a second, Amazon shoppers spend approximately $443,000.
Big Data Industry
- Big data analytics generated a market revenue of $14.85 billion in the year 2019. In the year 2025, it is predicted to generate $68.09 billion.
The following table displays the market revenue generated by big data analytics in 2019 and the expected revenue in 2025.
Global Big Data Market Size
- The big data analytics market is expected to be valued at $308 .26 billion by the end of the year 2023. Besides, by the end of the year 2026, it is expected to be valued at $449.52 billion by the end of the year 2026.
The following table displays the size of the big data analytics market over the years.
|Year||Market Size Of Big Data Analytics.|
- The United States has around 51% of the market share in big data and analytics solutions. Besides, in 2021, the United Nations spent $ 110 billion on Big Data.
Global Big Data Software Market Size
- The software sector is predicted to bring 45% of the revenue share to big data by the end of the year 2027.
- Big data software includes business intelligence and analytics software. In the year 2023, the forecasted value of big data software will be $ 16.86 billion. Comparatively, in the year 2020, the market size of the software was $15.21 billion in the year 2020.
The following table displays the size of big data software over the past years.
|Year||The Market Size Of Big Data Software.|
Big Data Users
- More than 180 zettabytes of data are expected to be produced by the year 2025.
- More than half of the world’s population uses the internet. Over 4 billion people around the globe spend time online. Further, 67% of them used mobile devices to surf online. Besides, 45% of them used atleast one social media platform.
- 70% of the world’s data is generated by users. Besides, according to Baseline, there are more than 900 exabytes of user-generated data.
- Every second there are more than 100,000 searches on Google. This equals over 6 million searches on Google per minute.
- On average, the internet user spends around 6 hours and 58 minutes per day online.
- 72% of adults in the United States think that companies have too much control over their personal data, which is collected to provide users with a personalized experience.
- Whatsapp users exchange around 65 billion messages daily with a user base of 2 billion people.
- 80% to 90% of the data that we generate today is reported to be unstructured.
- Data interactions increased by 5000% between the years 2010 and 2020.
How Many Organizations Have Adopted Big Data Worldwide?
- In the year 2023, almost 40% of organizations reported that they are using big data to manage their data. At the same time, 21% of organizations use it to establish a data culture. Further, almost 60% of organizations reported that they are using big data to drive innovations with data.
The following table displays the percentage of organizations that have adopted big data for various purposes over the past years.
|Reason For Adopting Big Data||2023||2022||2021||2020||2019|
|Managing data as a business asset||39.5%||39.7%||39.3%||50%||46.9%|
|Established a data culture||20.6%||19.3%||24.4%||26.8%||28.3%|
|Driving innovation with data||59.5%||56.5%||48.5%||64.2%||59.5%|
|Competing on data and analytics||40.8%||47.4%||41.2%||45.1%||47.6%|
|Created a data-driven organization||23.9%||26.5%||24%||37.8%||31%|
Big Data In Industries And Businesses
- 95% of the businesses said that they need to manage the problem of unstructured data for their businesses.
- 45% of businesses worldwide said that they are running atleast one of their Big data workloads in the cloud.
- Netflix saves almost $1 billion every year due to recommendation algorithms. This algorithm influences almost 80% of the content watched on Netflix.
- 68% of travel brands said that they are planning to invest in business intelligence and predictive analysis to boost their business.
- The market of Big Data analytics in banking is forecasted to reach $62.10 billion by the end of the year 2025.
- 72% of the manufacturing executives said that they depend on advanced data to improve the productivity of the employees.
- More than 1,4000 universities reported that they use predictive analytics to help analyze the low graduation rates.
- Big data analytics for healthcare industries is expected to reach $79.23 billion by the end of the year 2028.
- Big data in supply chain management is expected to surpass 7.1 billion worldwide by the end of the year 2027.
- According to big data stats, cyber scams have increased by 400% at the start of the covid-19 pandemic.
- The insurance and telecommunication industries are planning to use an average of 11.4 clouds in the year 2023.
- Almost 97.2% of organizations said that they are investing in big data and AI.
- 80% of data analytics adoptions will play a major role in displaying the capabilities of a business.
Use Of Big Data In Market Research
- By the end of the year 2021, 46% of organizations were using big data analytics in market research worldwide.
The following table displays the percentage of organizations using big data analytics in market research worldwide over the past years.
|Year||Percentage Of Organizations Using Big Data For Research.|
Big Data Statistics: Segment Specific
- Global spending on the Internet of Things is forecasted to surpass $1 trillion in the year 2023. Besides, the number of IoT devices connected worldwide by the end of the year 2023 is predicted to be 15.14 billion.
The following table displays the number of IoT devices connected worldwide over the years.
|Year||IoT Connect Devices|
Global Analytics As A Service
- In the year 2027, the global analytics as a service market value is expected to reach around $59 billion by the end of the year 2027.
The following table displays the Analytics as a service market size in the years 2021 and 2027.
|Year||Market Size Of AaaS|
- The market of Artificial intelligence is forecasted to grow exponentially between the years 2018 and 2030. It is predicted that by the end of the year 2030, Artificial intelligence will grow over $1.5 trillion.
The following table displays the market size and revenue generated by artificial intelligence over the years. The table includes a comparison of the market size reports generated by various researchers.
|Year||IDC (February 2021)||Tractica (March 2020)||Grand View Research (June 2020)||Globe Newswire (June 2022)|
- The edge computing market is expected to witness a growth of 33% per year. While in the year 2020, the edge computing market was valued at only $2.49 billion. Moreover, by the end of the year 2030, the computing market is expected to be $68.71 billion.
- In the year 2020, the edge computing market generated a revenue of $153 billion. Besides, in the year 2025, it is expected to generate a revenue of $274 billion.
The following table displays the revenue generated by the edge computing market over the past years.
|Year||Market Revenue Generated By Edge Computing.|
Social Media Analytics
- In the year 2023, the social media analytics market is expected to be around $10.23 billion. On the other hand, by the end of the year 2028, the market size of social media analytics is predicted to be $26.2 billion.
The following table displays the social media analytics market size over the years.
|Year||Market Size Of Social Media Analytics.|
Global Predictive Analysis.
- The market for predictive analytics software is forecasted to be valued at $ 41.52 billion by the end of the year 2028. Comparatively, in the year 2020, the market size of the predictive analysis was recorded to be $5.29 billion.
The following table shows the comparison of the market size of the predictive analysis in the years 2021 and 2028.
|Year||Market Size Of Predictive Analysis.|
- The average rate of adoption of predictive analytics in healthcare departments is recorded to be 56% worldwide.
Further, Singapore has the highest rate of predictive analysis in the healthcare department worldwide. It is followed by China with a 79% rate of adoption.
The following table displays the rate of adoption of predictive analytics in healthcare as of record in the year 2022.
|Rank||Country||Rate Of Adoption Of Predictive Analytics In Healthcare|
- The spending on Cloud computing from the end user is approximately $500 billion per year.
- End user spends approximately $92 billion every year on public cloud infrastructure.
- The hybrid cloud market is worth more than $85 billion as of 2023. Besides, hybrid cloud marketing is expected to reach $262 billion by the end of the year 2027.
- 45% of the businesses reported that they use the cloud to handle huge amounts of data workload.
- Around 30% of the expenditure done on the cloud is wasted by businesses.
- The total installed base of data storage in the global data sphere is expected to increase by eight zettabytes between the years 2021 and 2025.
The following table displays the storage capacity of globally installed databases over the years.
|Year||Installed Base Of Storage Capacity|
- As of March 2022, almost 80% of the enterprise reported that they had used a hybrid cloud in their organisation. At the same time, 7% of the organizations adopted multiple public clouds.
The following table shows the enterprise cloud strategy adopted by various organisations worldwide.
|Year||Hybrid cloud||Multiple Public||Multiple Private||Single Public||Single Private||No Plans|
- In the year 2021, 178 billion was invested in cloud infrastructure services worldwide. While in the year 2020, the expenditure was recorded to be $129.5 billion.
|Year||Cloud Infrastructure Services|
Big Data Storage
- In the year 2023, the volume of data created, captured, copied, and consumed worldwide is expected to be 120 zettabytes. Comparatively, in the year 2025, it is forecasted to be 181 zettabytes.
The following data displays the volume of information created, captured, copied, and consumed over the years.
|Year||Valome Of Data|
- The number of data centres worldwide is recorded to be the highest in the United States. It has approximately 2,701 data centres across the country. Besides, the second-highest data centres in the world are located in Germany. It has almost 487 data centres.
The following table displays the number of data centres located in different countries across the globe.
|Rank||Country||Number Of Data Centres.|
- In the year 2023, IT spending on data centre systems is expected to be $222 billion. While in the year 2021, the expenditures were recorded to be $216 billion.
The following table displays the IT spending on data centre systems around the globe.
|Year||IT Spending On Data Centre Systems|
- In the year 2021, $98.05 billion was spent on Data centre hardware and software. Comparatively, in the year 2020, 89 billion was spent on the hardware and software of the data centre.
The following table displays the expenditure on the hardware and software of data centres worldwide.
|Year||Data Centre Hardware And Software.|
- The number of hyper-scale data centres reached 700 worldwide by the year 2021. Comparatively, in the year 2022, the number recorded was just 597.
The following table displays the number of hyper-scale data centres worldwide over the past years.
|Year||Number Of Hyper-Scale Data Centres Worldwide.|
Benefits Of Big Data
- 82% of the organisations that have adopted big data and analytics witnessed positive year-over-year growth over the past three years.
- On average, the number of data sources an organization owns is recorded to be 400.
- More than 50% of the bid data users said that they are able to drive business innovation along with managing their data.
- Almost 40% of the companies have witnessed the benefits of using data analytics, and they were also able to save their costs.
- Big data can be used effectively to develop new products and services, as reported by 22% of the chief executive officers.
Big Data Job Statistics
- The requirements for composite data analytics professionals are expected to grow by 31% by the year 2030.
- 96% of the companies said that they are planning to hire candidates that possess big data skills.
- Data science jobs are expected to increase by approximately 28% by the year 2026.
- 59% of the executives reported that the candidates lacked the talent to analyze the data.
- According to the US Bureau of labour statistics, there will be a 36% of growth in the data relation occupations over the years 2021 and 2031.
- 83% of the companies said that they have appointed a chief data officer to manage and analyse data.
- On average around 13, 500 new data science jobs will be there in the United States between the years 2021 and 2031.
Big Data Challenges
- Nearly 70% of c-suite executives to consider security and risks as the most crucial need while analyzing and storing data.
- 61% of the businesses said that the rapidly growing volume of the data had limited their ability to harness their data.
- 80% of companies have to rework data analytics projects due to low data quality.
- 49% of the executives reported that their current data solutions are not flexible.
- Only 25% of the businesses reported that they are using their data ethically and lawfully.
Future Of Big Data
- 72% of businesses are looking forward to enhancing their AI and business intelligence platform usage.
- The streaming analytics market, which is driven by big data and AI, is expected to grow at a CAGR rate of 26.5% to $50.1 billion.
- 67% of the businesses will invest in text analytics, while 65% of the businesses will invest in speech analysis.
Big Data Trends.
- The number of IoT devices is expected to rise to 41.6 billion by the end of the year 2025.
- The ratio between unique and data wich is replicated from the internet by the year 2024 is forecasted to be 1:10.
- 25% of the employees said that they are actively using business intelligence analytics tools.
Conclusion: Big Data Statistics (2023)
That’s all about Big Data Statistics.
With the increasing use of data and cloud storage, the importance of big data has increased tremendously. However, with the increased use of big data technologies, the data of organizations are at a larger risk of being exposed to cyber crimes such as data thefts, attacks, etc. Hence, organizations with larger data have to take the initiative to secure their data in a feasible way.
If you have enjoyed reading the above article, you can check out our website for other latest statistics.